Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blog Candy Winner and Answer to Turkey Punches Question!

Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my blog candy post!!!!  Really appreciate your kind words.  I used random.org to draw a number from those who left comments, and it chose comment 4, which is Yvonne's!  Congratulations, Yvonne!!!  I'll be in touch with you about getting your new stamp set and album to you! 

Next, for the answer to my question about the number of punches used to create the turkey in my Thanksgiving blog header!  Here's what the header looks like:  




I do have to admit this was a bit of a trick question -- there were two ways to answer.  One was to count the number of punch shapes I used, and the other was to count the total number of punches of all shapes.  So, I'll give both answers.  I think the best way to do this is with a visual -- so here are the component pieces that make up the turkey:


As you can see, the body is a scallop circle (the color around that, as well as the feet and the 6 oval punch feathers is from a mat rather than a second punch).  The two feet are small hearts, the waddle is a tall heart punch, and the beak is a corner frame punch.  Finally, the head and the whites of the eyes are circle punches (turns out in digital studio, there is only one circle punch, which you can resize all you want).  The black parts of the eye are actually brads. 

Final tally -- I used 6 punch shapes and a total of 14 punched pieces.  There were a lot of close guesses -- I think Teresa came the closest, though!  Have a little something fun as a surprise for her!

- Michelle

No comments: