Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gingerbread House

Here's another sample using the new Mini Milk Carton die from the Occasions Mini.  I first saw the die in December, and thought it would make a wonderful Gingerbread House!  So, I had to give it a try.  Here's what I came up with:





The house was actually made out of the cardboard that came in the package with the die, then I added the Real Red Roof -- plus some scallop edges and tiles made with the new Scallop Trim Border Punch, which has quickly become one of my favorites! 

You can see I used the Scallop Trim Corner Punch to make the top of the door a bit more ornate as well.  And, there are Bashful Blue windows around the house.  To add some snow-like sparkle, I used the white Chunky Glitter, and used that in combination with the green Chunky Glitter for the snow-covered bushes around the house.  There's a silver brad for the doorknob.

For the chimney, I used a pearl headed pin from my craft supplies, and a clear bead from the Pretties Kit.  Here's a better shot of that:




And, one more photo from a different angle:



This was great fun to make!  I think it would make a cute ornament (hard to tell from my photos, but these are actually quite small . . . maybe about 2 inches in width and 3 inches tall). 

I'll be back tomorrow with a card to show you!  (I do have one more Mini Milk Carton creation, but will show you that early next week . . . so stay tuned.)

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

love these little boxes!!