Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year!  Hope your 2010 is off to a wonderful start! 

I've been doing some stamping and papercrafting already this year, and now that the holiday break is over, my schedule is starting to return to a more normal pace.   So, I am excited to finally have a chance to start showing you what I've been making with brand new products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration catalogs!  You can order products (and earn FREE products from the Sale-a-Bration catalog) starting tomorrow!!!  If you haven't had a chance to see these catalogs yet, be sure to click through above to see them, or you can shop from them at my Stampin' Up! website.

Anyway, my first workshop of this year was at my friend Jana's this past weekend -- and it was so fun to be able to start the new year stamping with friends!!!  In fact, the project I want to show you is my sample for the make and take at her workshop.  (You can see Jana's beautiful sample using the same basic supplies on her blog here.)  Here's my card:



This card uses a strip of the gorgeous new Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini.  There are a total of 12 different designs in the package (there are 12 sheets in the package, and the paper is double-sided, so you get 2 each of the 6 double-sided sheets).  And, one side of each of the sheets has glitter on it -- in fact, both Jana and I used the glittery side in our cards (the other side is really pretty, too, so not everyone at the workshop used the same side).  This paper is definitely perfect for making Valentine's, but I love that there are images and patterns in the paper that could definitely work for other spring projects and occasions, too.

The ribbon on the card is the elegant new 5/8" Satin Ribbon from the Occasions Mini -- this stuff is amazing!  I'm planning on offering a sampler club so you can get your hands on some yards of each of the nine colors of this ribbon without having to buy 15 yards of each roll -- if you'd be interested in participating, please let me know.

The Pretty in Pink cardstock strip underneath the designer paper was punched with the new Scallop Trim Border from the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  This punch is so much fun to use -- seems like I've been adding this type of border all over my cards lately (you'll see more of what I mean soon!)

The focal image is from the Love You Much stamp set, and was stamped in Basic Black.  Then, I used a Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to color in the letters.  As a finishing touch, I put a silver brad in a Pretty in Pink flower punched with the Trio Flower Punch, and added that on top of the stamped flower image. 

It was fun to see what the gals at the workshop did with this design -- wish I had taken some photos of their beautiful creations to be able to show you! 

Happy Stamping!
Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Love this card!! Thanks for all the fun!