Friday, January 8, 2010

More Candles Card

I had great fun playing with something called the Faux Frosting Technique (created by Marlize Morris, a Canadian demonstrator) while preparing for Jana's workshop last weekend.  Here's one of the cards I came up with using that technique:

To create the cupcakes, I first stamped them with the Party Hearty stamp set -- using Melon Mambo for the icing, and Soft Suede for the wrapper.  I just used my Classic Ink Pads for this -- the images are big, so especially if you just use the corner of the ink pad, you can ink the right parts of the stamp. 

Then, I stamped the candles using Crushed Curry Classic Ink.

For the Faux Frosting, I squeezed Tombo Mono over the frosting, then sprinkled on a combination of clear embossing powder, Rose Pink Fine Cosmo Stampin' Glitter, and a touch of Light Pink Chunky Sprinkles.  I heated that with my Heat Tool, and that was fun to watch the mixture puff up and then cool back down to create sparkly frosting!!!

The cupcake piece is layered on a piece of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock, the bottom of which was punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch (told you I've been using this a lot!!!)

Then, that was layered on a piece of Melon Mambo -- I'd punched the bottom of that with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch (you don't just have to punch the corner of the paper with it -- it also can create a fun border!)

I layered that on a piece of Pumpkin Pie, then onto the textured Soft Suede card base.  I tied a piece of Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon around the card front (polka Dot side down).   Then, for a final touch, I added a Crushed Curry flower punched from the Trio Flower punch, with a rhinestone in the center from the new Eggcellent Egg Kit (awesome for more than just decorating eggs!!!).

I inked up the first part of one of my favorite greetings from the Sale-a-Bration set Whimsical Words -- "the more Candles" part, and stamped that with Soft Suede Classic Ink in the bottom right of the card.

I stamped "the bigger the Wish!" on the inside with another Crushed Curry flower, punched out with the Trio Flower Punch, and again, with a rhinestone in the center.

Here's the inside -- clean, simple, just needs a personal note for the recipient!


Hope you have a great weekend!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Love this one...and love mine to! Such a fun technique!!