Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Have a Happy Day Card

I love Spring and Easter, so am really having fun creating cards for both right now!  Here's a card I actually made last month to submit for a contest, but haven't had a chance to show you yet:


I loved using the clouds and the green designer paper from the Good Neighbors Designer Series Paper (one of the free Sale-a-Bration choices!!!) to set the background scene for this card. 

The egg was created by cutting a piece of Pretty in Pink Card Stock with the Big Shot Scallop Oval Frame die.  Then, to create the scallop-like opening in the center, I punched first with the Wide Oval Punch, then I punched around that with the 1/2" Circle Punch.  I ran the egg through the Big Shot again in the Stampin' Up! Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I decided to use the debossed side up, and sponged the inside and outside of the egg with Regal Rose Classic Ink.  Thought it still needed a little something, so added some rhinestones from the Eggcellent Eggs Kit in the flower centers.  For the bow on the side of the egg, I brayered Regal Rose ink onto some Whisper White Taffeta ribbon.  Here's a close up:



The bunny, flowers, and mushrooms -- and the greeting on the card -- are all from the adorable Picnic Parade set (a Level 2 Hostess set you can earn from the Occasions Mini Catalog).  I colored the bunny and his "scene" with Watercolor Pencils, then used the Blender Pen to soften the colors.

To complete the card, I added some pastel eggs, cut with the Wide Oval Punch, and some butterflies that were die cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die from the Occasions Mini.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: