Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vintage Style Message Board

I recently participated in another swap with my friend Marlene, and she just received the projects I sent yesterday, so now I can share them with you!  And, wait until you see Marlene's amazing creations, too!!!

One of our challenges was to create a vintage card or 3D item.  I decided to create a vintage variation on my Chalkboard Heart Message Board.  Here's what I came up with:


The stamps are from the beautiful new Vintage Vogue set in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Really love this new set -- have more samples to show you with it soon, too!

On the decorative side of the heart, I stamped the images in Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose Classic Ink, and sponged around the edges of the heart.  On the chalkboard side, I stamped on the Chalkboard Decor Elements sheet using Regal Rose Craft Ink.  The ribbon hanger is the Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon from the Occasions Mini.  Before I sent the heart to Marlene, I actually added some half pearls from the Pretties Kit as well.

I created the border around the heart using strips of designer paper from the new Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I punched along the strips using the new Piinkng Hearts Border Punch.  Then, I ran them the paper strips through the crimper, which allowed them to bend nicely around the curves of the heart when I adhered them.  Thanks to Janine Tinklenberg for the inspiration and tutorial on how to create scallop punch borders like this!!!  I think it works wonderfully with the whole vintage style that's popular right now! 

- Michelle


4 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

This turned out beautiful!! Love the trim you put on it!! Marlene must love it!!

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

These hearts are just eye popping and gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Love...love...love this idea, Michelle! Your colors are so beautiful and the design very eye catching. My customers were blown away by the chalkboard capabilities and loved what you did around the edges. You are so darn creative!
Marlene Caravello

Anonymous said...

very good!