Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Friday!!!

First, wanted to say congratulations to the winners of our first I Dream of Stamping challenges!!!  You can see their gorgeous creations over at the I Dream of Stamping blog.

Second, had a kind of funny story to share with you . . . I'd seen photos of some fun boxes that you receive along with larger size Sale-a-Bration orders, which have a really cute saying on the outside.  So, I was very excited when my recent hostess club's order arrived that it came in one of these.  Here are some photos:






 My 7 year old Daniel saw the label and was really curious what was inside, so wanted to help me as I opened the box.  Then, when I had it open his response was -- "huh?  what's so exciting? This is just the usual stamps and stuff!"  Maybe he'd have understood if there was something in there for him!  :)

Finally, I actually do have a card to share with you today!  This is another one from the recent class I taught.  This one is an easel card based on this Vintage Vogue card that I'd made earlier for the I Dream of Stamping curling challenge.   Here's how it turned out:


The supplies for this are quite similar to the previous card, except that this one is on a Certainly Celery base (sponged to give it more of a vintage look).  Again, used the Very Vintage wheel with Rich Razzleberry ink on Kraft card stock for some background paper.  The flowers and greeting were stamped in Razzleberry on Close to Cocoa and then trimmed or punched out, respectively, and sponged with more Razzleberry.  The ribbon is the Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, which was rubbed against an Old Olive Classic Ink Pad so it would have a more vintage look, too.

As I was taking photos of this card, our cat Isabella once again decided to supervise.  Perhaps she likes the vintage look, too?  Perhaps she was just miffed that I was paying attention to something other than her?


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

ROFL! Lovin' Daniel's comment. I like the caution sign on the box. Neato! LOVE that easel card, Michelle! xx

Ms.Biehl said...

Hi! I just found your blog tonight from splitcoast stampers. I love the easel card!

Joann