Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Side Step into Spring Card

Hello!  I'm back!  Did you miss me?  Yearbook pages are just about done, baseball season is now underway for my 7 year old and my husband (the team's manager/coach) and we're starting to get into our new routine with practices, games, etc....  I've also had some really fun Stampin' Up! events lately -- and have some projects from those that I've been excited to share with you!  So, here's the first one of them.  This is a card I created for the wonderful ladies in my Hostess Club to make when we got together this weekend.  After seeing the adorable bunny side step card Marlene had made for me (you can see it in this post), there was a request for us to make a side step card for Mother's Day.  I wanted to make a card that would be suitable to use for other spring occasions as well.

I was going to follow Jackie Topa's excellent instructions for making these, which you can find here.  However, I realized I didn't have any 12 x 12 cardstock in the color I wanted to use . . . only 8.5 x 11, so I ended up modifying her instructions to create this 5 x 5 card.  Without further ado, here's my creation:


And, a side view:


The base for this is a 5 x 10 piece of Old Olive Cardstock, with the slit cut at 1.5" (from 2.5" to 9") and the scores for the "steps" made at 2.5", 5", 6.5", 8" and 9".  We decorated the card using Whisper White pieces cut with the Lattice Die on the Big Shot.  Melon Mambo flowers were stamped in Melon Mambo with a flower from the A Beautiful Thing stamp set, and were cut out using the Extra Large Flower Punch.  The Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink flowers were cut using the Trio Flower Punch.   We inserted brads from the Earth Elements assortment in the center of the Mambo and Pumpkin Pie flowers.  The leaves were cut from Certainly Celery using the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch.  And, the sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Certainly Celery, then punched out using the Scallop Oval Punch.

Tomorrow, I'll be back to show you how I've been creating custom t-shirts with Stampin' Up! products!

- Michelle

Michelle VanWiggeren

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michelle...this side step card with the lattice die and new flower punch is outstanding. Gorgeous colors. Very striking!!! I just love it...can't stop staring at it. Thank you for the inspiration!!!
Marlene Caravello

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

GORGEOUS!

Sherry said...

OMGosh this is stunning! I love how you've used the lattice as a trellis, clever girl you.. and your flowers are gorgeous! Love it!