Thursday, March 25, 2010

Suits Me to a Tee!

As promised, today I am going to show you how I have been making customized t-shirts with Stampin' Up! products.  Back in November, Stampin' Up! gave its demonstrators an early Christmas gift of different projects and ideas we could try -- and one of these was using Decor Elements on fabric as a stencil and then bleaching an image to create cool, customized clothes.  You might remember, I was inspired to make some tote bags using this technique (in case you didn't catch them, you can see my blog posts about the totes, here and here).   Well, recently, I've also been customizing some of my own shirts! 

Here is one of my recent creations:


And, a close up of the bird image near the shoulder:


If you have browsed Stampin' Up!'s wonderful line of Decor Elements, you might realize that this bird and flowers are not shown in that catalog.  That's because I used Decor Elements sheets, cut out with a Big Shot die (the Bird w/Leaves and Flowers die to be precise), to create the stencil. 

Here's a photo of the Decor Elements stencils when I after I applied them to the shirt, but before spritzing on the bleach:


I've found that I can even reuse my custom cut Decor Elements for multiple projects -- such a great value!

If you try this, I'd love to see what you create -- be sure to leave a comment with a link to a photo of your project.

Thanks for stopping by!

-- Michelle


Michelle VanWiggeren

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love the softness of this design. Nice work!!!
Marlene Caravello

Jana Weaver said...

Love how this shirt turned out!! Perfect amount of bleach!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Ooooh! Super cute shirt, Michelle!I'll order one from you! :)

Sherry said...

This is a wonderful idea and great way to sell not only decor elements but the dies as well! Great upsell girl! Pretty color blue to work with too! Ü