Monday, March 1, 2010

Sweet Spring Butterfly Card

Here's a card I created recently -- based almost entirely on a beautiful card I first saw back in 2006!  To use stamper's lingo, I "CASED" this card.  (For those not familiar with the term, CASE means Copy and Share Everything).  The layout is from Splitcoaststamper's Sketch Challenge 95 (SC 95), and here is a link to the card that inspired mine.  And, without further ado, my card:


For this card, I used a Kraft Card Stock base, then layered on the Chocolate Chip Rectangles and Square, along with designer paper from the gorgeous Sweet Pea pack (from the Occasions Mini).  I really love this paper -- so many wonderful patterns!!!  I use 4 of them here, but there are a total of 48 in the pack.  I sponged the edges of the designer paper and the Kraft Card Stock with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. 

The butterfly was die cut using the Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.  Then, I ran the butterfly through the Big Shot again using the Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I sponged the butterfly using first Bermuda Bay Classic Ink, and then Chocolate Chip.  Finally, I added a strip of rhinestones from the Eggcellent Egg kit for the butterfly's body.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michelle...you've been busy! Love this latest post. It is very now...chic! I love it! Enjoyed the charm ideas and the Easter egg card too. Thanks for the eye candy and ideas! Marlene Caravello

Jana Weaver said...

gorgeous!! Love the layers, AND the sponging!! ;-D

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

GORGEOUS! Fabulous layers!