Friday, April 23, 2010

Two Steppin' with Fifth Avenue Floral -- Part 2

Here's the second of the two cards I created using Fifth Avenue Floral (20% off this month as part of the Stampin' Up! Two Step into Spring promotion!!) and watercoloring with markers.  Again, I stamped the images with Black Stazon Ink on Watercolor Paper.  However, this time, I used a somewhat different color scheme and layout for more of a clean and simple card:


This time, I used the Real Red Stampin' Write marker to color the rose, and Only Orange for the petals and Yoyo Yellow for the centers of the other flowers.  The background is again Glorious Green and Green Galore.  And, I liked how the focal piece looked with a Glorious Green mat again.

The card base this time is Night of Navy.  I really like how classy and elegant this looks -- still feminine enough with the flowers, but a different feel than with the pink and purple flowers.

After I assembled the card, I could not resist pulling out the Smooch Spritz again -- this time the Silver Foil, which shows up very nicely on the dark background.  

Next time, I have one more card to show you with the Fifth Avenue Floral set, but this time using a different watercoloring technique!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Michelle...and great layout!