Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back to Blogging!

Whew!  It has been an incredibly busy past couple weeks -- between the boys' schools and their activities, baseball and scouts, and well, stamping, of course!!!   I enjoyed some great stamping time with friends this weekend, and am excited to show you some projects from that, but I've gotten so behind in posting projects that I thought I would start back into the blogging world by showing you the project we made at my April Hostess Club. 

My friend Jana was the hostess for April, and she requested a project with watercoloring using the stamp set A Flower for All Seasons on watercolor paper with markers, inspired by this card by Ilina Crouse.

I decided to tweak things a bit and add some layers of Green Galore, plus a layer embossed with the Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder (still available as a carryover item from the Occasions Mini!!!)   Here's my sample card:




Jana has actually posted the card she created at our gathering, and you can see that on her blog here.   For her card, she used my new favorite embossing folder -- the Stampin' Up! Square Lattice folder, which is in the Summer Mini Catalog.  I'll have more projects to show you with that soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is such a cute little card! I really love the embossed background... makes the image pop!