Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Elegant Card For the Newlyweds

We've almost had a full week of summer vacation now!  We started this week with swim lessons, followed by two very fun Father's Day card classes.  I'll post the samples of the cards we made there in the next couple days, but first wanted to share with you a card that my friend Agnes and I made in a collaborative effort!  After the morning card class, Agnes mentioned to me that she needed a card for a wedding and we brainstormed some ideas for her card.  We ended up going with a Very Vanilla and Silver theme . . . here's the card we created:



The flowers from Elements of Style (in the Summer Mini) were heat embossed on the card and envelope using Versamark ink and Silver embossing powder.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and was also embossed with silver embossing powder.   Then, it was punched out with the Word Window Punch, and layered on a Brushed Silver piece that had been die cut using one of the Stampin' Up! Lots of Tags Sizzlits in the Big Shot.  The silver strip on the side was punched with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch. 

Doesn't this look elegant?!

- Michelle 

1 comment:

ConnieM50 said...

Very elegant indeed. I love the Elements of Style stamp set. I had to do a card with it almost as soon as I received it and it turned out beautiful. I will need to try embossing it. I am sure it looks so beautiful. Oh - imagine doing it in white on a colored background! I think I need to leave work to run home and try it .