Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mojo Monday Coach Appreciation Cards

When I saw this week's Mojo Monday sketch, I knew it would be perfect for one of my big projects this week -- making thank you cards to give to our baseball coaches and team rep!   Daniel's Little League baseball team is named the Rivercats (after the Sacramento Rivercats), and I used the team colors for the card:


I used Riding Hood Red, Going Grey, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock on this card, plus some narrow strips of Pacific Point for the ribbon tags.  The yellowish paper is one of the designs from the Storybook Specialty Designer Series Paper (retiring soon -- get yours while it is still available!)  I sponged the edges of that with Soft Suede ink, and Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint (been a while since I'd played with that -- forgot how much fun that is!)

The baseball was created by punching a piece of Whisper White with the 1-3/4" Punch.  I drew the stitching on using a red Watercolor Pencil, then used a blender pen to smooth my lines out a bit.  I sponged the edges of the baseball first with Soft Suede ink, and then with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint again.


The stars on the gray background are from the retiring Starring You stamp set, and were stamped using Versamark.  And, couldn't resist sponging some more Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint around them!

The All Star stamp comes from the Sporting stamp set (also on the Last Chance list!), and was stamped with Basic Black Craft Ink..  I doodled the lines around the grey piece that is on, using a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker.

And, I actually decorated the inside just a bit, too:




Had fun making these -- hope the recipients will enjoy them, too!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fun card. Love the all star theme! Thanks for playing Mojo!