Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cute by the Inch Friend Card

I love the new Cute by the Inch Level 2 Hostess set!  The images are so much fun, and since they are only 1 inch square, are fun for creating adorable mini cards (check out what I did with them before in this post).  However, I wanted to create a sample that would show how to use them to create a regular size card, too.  Here's what I came up with -- using the stamps in two ways (both to create the background and to create the focal images):


I stamped the square medallion image from Cute by the Inch repeatedly in Early Espresso (one of my new favorite colors!) on the Cherry Cobbler card stock.  Then, I ran the Cherry Cobbler piece through my Big Shot first in the Square Lattice textured impressions folder, and then again in the Vintage Wallpaper, and a third time with no embossing folder, just between the 2 plates on the Multipurpose Platform with all tabs -- that helped flatten the card stock back down a bit, but still left some nice, subtle texture.  Here's another photo to show that a little more clearly:




I layered the Cherry Cobbler piece onto a piece of Early Espresso Card Stock, then attached that to a Crumb Cake Card Stock base.  I stamped the "Friends"-flower image on Crumb Cake in Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso, then trimmed those images and attached them to squares of Early Espresso.  I put a dot of Crystal Effects in the center of each flower.  

For a finishing touch, I added some Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  Love that!  Want to participate in my new ribbon or accessory shares and get some of your own?  Be sure to check out this post or email me for more info!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: