Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fabulous Forest Friends

Finally had a chance to create a card using some of my new supplies and was excited to be able to complete a few challenges at the same time!   Here's what I made:


The current challenge (#78) on Late Night Stampers is an inspiration challenge -- to create something inspired by this photo:

 

Looking at the colors in the photo and with a little help from my new Color Coach (love being able to flip out swatches to compare colors and check combinations!), I decided to use Pacific Point, Marina Mist (Bashful Blue probably matched better, but wanted to try Marina Mist out!), and Pear Pizzazz (one of the new In Colors).  I liked the cloud images in the photo and wanted to create something with a relaxed, dreamy feel, pairing my new Funky Four set (love the mushrooms!) and the bunny from Forest Friends.  I also enjoyed using my new Fabulous Phrases set -- my first clear mount word set -- so fun and easy to line up the words using the clear mounts! 

The layout for the card came from the current Mojo Monday 164 Challenge.  Such a fun layout to play with! 

And, last but certainly not least, this card also is for the current So Shelli Creative Challenge, which is to play with something new.  In addition to the new colors and new stamps, this card also uses the new Elegant Lines embossing folder, two new ribbons -- Marina Mist 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and layered on that is Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon -- and couldn't resist adding some new Basic Pearls on the butterflies and the center of the flower on one of the mushrooms. 

The oval shape for the focal image was created using the Big Shot and Scallop Oval Frame.  I sponged Pear Pizzazz ink around and under the mushrooms, then added the clouds by sponging Marina Mist around a mask I created by punching out a piece of paper with the Scallop Oval Punch.  I sponged Pacific Point around the entire oval. 

The clouds behind the oval were created by punching out some Whisper White Card Stock using the Scallop Oval Punch.  I sponged around those with Marina Mist.  The smaller cloud with the "hi friend" greeting was created by punching a full-size cloud a second time with the Scallop Oval Punch.

The orange and blue butterflies were created from a soda can, cut and embossed using the Big Shot and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die. 

Here are some close ups:





Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle


2 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh! This is darling, Michelle! I love the little furry critters! Such a pretty blue!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so fun! I just love how you used the clouds for the horizontal strips. Thanks for playing Mojo! :)