Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Disney Autograph Books -- Part 2

We returned to Disneyland this summer, and again the kids were set with autograph books that we created!  Each boy chose a shape that I could die cut with the Big Shot for his book, and we created each book using On Board Chipboard, Card Stock, and a jump ring.  Here's how the covers turned out:


For the inside photos, since these books were smaller than last year's books, so I had to be a bit creative to get the right sized photos.  I knew I wanted the photos to be 2 x 3" to fit on the pages, so decided to use My Digital Studio to put 2 photos together on a page, which I could then export to the print service and get 2 photos per 4 x 6 printed!   Much more economical than trying to print what I wanted as wallet size photos. 

In My Digital Studio, I started by selecting the option to create a 4.25 x 5.5 card.  Then, I created two equal size photo boxes on each "page" in my project, and inserted the photos I wanted.  On a few of the pages, I added some graphics as well.  Then, when I was finished, I selected the option to save the photos as jpegs, which I then could upload to the print service.  On the print service site, I did have to do a little cropping to make sure that when the photos printed at 4 x 6, I'd have the area that I wanted.  But, that was quick and easy. 

This is what one of my sample jpegs looked like:




Here are some of my favorite pages from inside the book:



(on the inside cover of each book, I added a sticker the boys were given after we completed a survey, and then for the page on the right (I guess you'd call it the inside title page), I created the title box, title and graphics using My Digital Studio punches and Extreme Elements Digital Stamp Set).





The boys love looking through their books and remembering their trips -- and so do I!  Such an easy and  fun way to preserve these memories!

Thanks for stopping by!

-- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

The books turned out adorable!! Such a great job!

Anonymous said...

These books are fantastic, Michelle!!! I just love your idea and how you put them together. Marlene Caravello