Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Disneyland Autograph Books -- Part 1

Last year, we took a special trip to Disneyland to celebrate my parents' anniversary.  It was my boys' first visit, and we had planned a special celebration dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (one of the character dining experiences), so I knew we'd be seeing lots of characters, and I figured the boys would want to get their autographs.  So, I decided to create autograph books for them out of the Stampin' Up! 5 x 5" Art Journals. 





I adhered Designer Series Paper (that pattern is now retired) to the outside and inside of the covers, added some images and text, then added a window sheet over the cover for additional protection (in retrospect, probably not necessary, as we were pretty good about keeping their books in a plastic bag when not being signed). 

We tried to have the characters only sign one side of the page, and space signatures out, so when we returned home, I was able to add photographs of the boys getting the autographs and of other special memories from our trip.  Here are some of the inside pages:












We didn't have quite as much advance time for our trip this year (I think we only decided to go about a week or two in advance), so I ended up creating a different style of book for the boys with materials I had on hand.  Will show you those in the next post! 

Thanks for stopping by!

-- Michelle

1 comment:

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

This little album is awesome...I wish I had this idea when I went to Disneyland!!!