Saturday, August 7, 2010

Just Because Swap Card

I've been keeping you, my faithful readers, in suspense far too long!  Almost a month ago, I told you I had created a card with the new Level 1 Hostess Set Just Because for a couple of swaps with fellow demonstrators (with my friend Marlene and the Convention Pity Party Swap for Late Night Stampers' demonstrators not able to attend Convention this year but who didn't want to miss out entirely on the fun of swapping cards and ideas).  Well, those swaps are all complete now, so I can finally reveal the whole card!  Here it is:


The hydrangea images and greeting were heat embossed with Versamark and Black Embossing Powder on Glossy White, and then I watercolored using Aquapainters and Regal Rose, Sahara Sand, and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Refills.  The Regal Rose layer was partially embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  I sponged Crumb Cake Classic Ink around the Sahara Sand layers and card base.  Then, I finished off the card using looped Whisper White Organza Ribbon and one of the small pearls from Stampin' Up!'s new Basic Pearls Jewels (I'm so glad we have these now!  Such a great deal, too -- 150 pearls for only about $5!)

Hope you are having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: