Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Marlene's Sew Glad We're Friends Card

I recently swapped again with my talented friend Marlene, and I've already shared the cards I made on her, but have a special treat for you today -- here's the first of the cards Marlene sent me:

Isn't this beautiful?!   Marlene heat embossed the sewing machine image and greeting, which is from the Puns from the Past set.  The background paper is from the Newsprint Designer Series Paper Pack, and the ribbon is the Basic Black 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.  There's actually a small strip of black card stock through the button holes -- really looks like thread!  And, there's wonderful texture on the Basic Black Card Stock behind the ribbon and the Real Red Circle behind the focal image.  Marlene used the Big Shot to emboss these with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder -- a must have!

Marlene always does a wonderful job of finishing the inside of her cards as well, so I would be remiss if I didn't show that off!  Here it is:



The lined paper is from the Newsprint pack, the greeting is from the Full of Life stamp set, and the border is created with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.

Be sure to stop by again tomorrow -- I have another one of Marlene's beautiful creations to share with you!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make my artwork look so fantastic! Thank you for making me look so good! You are such a sweetheart!
Marlene Caravello