Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Tea"-riffic Matchbook Thank Yous Tutorial

As a little thank you treat for my hostess club members last month, I prepared some special matchbook treats. 

I started with a 2" x 5.5" piece of Sahara Sand card stock, and scored it at .5", 3", and 3.25". 


Then, I stamped the cover, using Versamark and a stamp from the Noteworthy set.  My apologies for the poor photo, but if you squint, you can just barely see the subtle flourishes in the photo below:


Next, I inserted the tea bag (which I had to fold a little to fit), folded the half inch flap on the cover up over the tea bag, and stapled it into the matchbook.


All that was left then was to decorate the cover.  I stamped images from Noteworthy and Tea Time to create the Oval piece to attach to the front cover, and added some sparkle to the images with Moonlight Smooch.  You can see some of the sparkle in this image: 


I added a piece of Pretty in Pink 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to dress the matchbook up a bit more! 

And, last but not least, I added a message on the inside.  I love how you can attach two of the clear mount stamps to a block and line them up just the way you want them!

These stamps are from the Level 1 Hostess Set Just Because!

We have hostess club coming up again this Sunday, and we'll be making another, larger version of the matchbook there.   Stay tuned, I'll show you that project sometime next week!  In the meantime, I have some beautiful cards from Marlene to show you in the next couple days, plus will show you some special books I created for my boys to collect autographs at Disneyland!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your matchbook idea, Michelle. I have been trying to resist that stamp set, but you have provided me with a good reason to go for it. What a wonderful tutorial! You are such a good blogger. Wouldn't have a clue how to do that.
Marlene Caravello