Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday Mini is Here!!!

Have you seen the new Holiday Mini yet?  There is so much fun new stuff in there!  If you haven't seen it yet, click on through to this link or leave me a comment and let me know you need a copy, and I'll be happy to get one to you!

It is hard to pick my favorites from the Holiday Mini -- I love everything!  So far, I've mostly played with the new Build a Bear stamp set (Season of Hugs), as I made two sets of swaps with that.  Still waiting for one of those swaps to wrap up, but here is my card for the other one:


In addition to Season of Hugs, for which the Stamp-a-ma-Jig came in really handy, I also used the lovely new Deck the Halls designer series paper, the Marina Mist taffeta ribbon (love this color!!!), and the little flowers were punched with the four petal flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Trio and I added new Champagne Glass Glitter in the center.  I couldn't resist adding some of that on the star the little boy bear is placing atop the tree as well.  I watercolored the scene using a combination of ink from the ink pads and my Watercolor Wonder Crayons (can't wait for the new colors of those!)  And, added some Smooch for a little extra sparkle on the heart ornaments and the little girl bear's dress. The happy holiday scene is stamped onto a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock that was die cut using the Top Note Bigz Die, and the greeting is on a piece of Very Vanilla that was punched out using the Modern Label Punch.

Hope you like the card!  I have more cards to show you soon that I've been busily creating for my World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza, coming up on Saturday, October 2nd.  If you are in the San Jose area, you won't want to miss it!  More details and sneak peeks of projects coming soon!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love this card...so much work!!! Great job.

Anonymous said...

That card is so stinkin' cute, Michelle. I agree with Jana...lots of work went into making that card and you did a great job!!!
Marlene Caravello