Friday, September 24, 2010

World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza Sneak Peek -- "Stocking Stuffer" Card

I've been crafting away this week -- finished creating a scrapbook for Daniel's class in My Digital Studio last night, and just need to print it off so it will be ready to auction off at his school's Walkaround fundraiser.  Hopefully will be a big hit with the parents and kid in his class!   I have also been finalizing the last two projects for the World Cardmaking Day Extravaganza which is only a week from tomorrow!!!  I'm getting very excited for it -- if you are in the San Jose area, please email me or leave me a comment -- would love to have you come join the fun!

Okay, now on to the project I want to show you.  This one is inspired by a card I saw in Cards magazine, which was created by Jennifer Gallacher.  Her card was a happy holidays card to a teacher, which had a 3D stitched stocking on the front that held pencils with cute little tages on it.  I liked the card and idea so much I took out the page out of the magazine (it's page 170, if that helps!).  Unfortunately, now I have no idea which issue it came from and haven't been able to find it on the internet to link to it!  My apologies about that!

Anyway, I reworked the card using Stampin' Up! products and a new template I created for the stocking -- I wanted it to be wide enough to fit a gift card, some candies, some pens or pencils, or other little trinkets -- so still great for a teacher card, but versatile enough to be given to anyone you want to surprise with a little holiday treat!  Really happy with how it turned out -- may need to use it to stitch up some fabric stockings, too.  So without further ado, here's my card:


The fun trim on the stocking is real fabric -- Stampin' Up!'s beautiful new Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric!  I cut it with the new Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, also from the Holiday Mini catalog, and my Big Shot.  The stitching on my paper stocking is done with a white Uniball Signo gel pen -- quick and easy.  And, I discovered the gel pen even worked on the fabric.  Fun!

Hope you like this project -- come make it at the Extravaganza, or if you can't do that, be sure to let me know if you'd like a kit for it!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: