Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All Set to Deck the Halls with Bells & Boughs?

Have you checked out the amazing deals in the Online Spectacular yet?  If not, be sure to head over to my online store to shop now!  I had fun shopping yesterday, and am looking forward to my new box of goodies arriving sometime soon!!!  One of the specials I had to take advantage of is 50% off Stampin' Up!'s Designer Fabric!!!  There are so many fun things you can do with this -- even if you don't sew!  And, I've used so much of my fabric, it was definitely time to order some more!

A while back I demonstrated this project at a workshop:




I used fabric on the bookmark -- the large ric rac that runs through the center is from the Deck the Halls fabric pack, and is topped with a smaller ric rac piece of the coordinating Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper.  I cut both the fabric and designer paper with the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die and the Big Shot.  The fabric cuts so nicely on the Big Shot, and I was able to adhere it to the Always Artichoke base cardstock for the bookmark using only SNAIL Adhesive.  Super easy, and a great way to add some texture and interest to the project!

The bells are from the Bells & Boughs stamp set -- one of my favorites!  I showed how you can watercolor using an Aquapainter and the ink from Classic Ink pads.  I used Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke and Crumb Cake inks.  Then, painted over the Crumb Cake with Champagne Shimmer Paint, so the bell has some holiday sparkle!

A little hard to tell from the photo, but the gold paper on the bottom of the bookmark and in the Scallop Punched piece is actually Brushed Gold Card Stock -- love that for dressing up holiday projects!

The ribbon in the top of the bookmark is the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, which I also love. 

For a recent swap, I decided to take the basic idea and ingredients of this bookmark and expand it to a Christmas card.  Here's how that turned out:



And, a close up of the watercolored bells image:




Here's a card with a slightly different piece of trim, shown at a different angle so you can see a bit more of this card's shimmer:





Hope you like this one!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle
Michelle VanWiggeren




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle...love your Bells and Boughs card!!! It is so vintage and so pretty! Thank you for sharing, Marlene Caravello