Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day of Gratitude Digital Hybrid Card

At last month's hostess club meeting, another of the cards we made was a digital hybrid card -- in other words, a card that had some images that had been created online, printed out, and then put together with "traditional" card making supplies. 

I wanted to design a card that could be used for Thanksgiving, and I love the images in the Day of Gratitude set and the Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Series Paper.  The set and paper are in the Holiday Mini Catalog, but were also released last month as downloads for my favorite digital crafting software, My Digital Studio.  So, I decided to go with those.  It was so much fun to be able to resize the medallion and then fill it in with a little color, using some digital punches behind the digitally stamped images.  Here's how the card turned out:


 


The largest medallion was printed along with the designer paper background onto the Very Vanilla layer. That layer was adhered to the Crumb Cake card base, after a piece of Pumpkin Pie 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon was wrapped around it.  The smaller, half medallions were cut out, and then added to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.  The greeting was also digitally-generated, but then punched out using the Decorative Label punch, and the edges were sponged with Early Espresso ink. 

I really enjoyed creating this hybrid card, and I hope the ladies from hostess club did, too! 

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

this was such a great idea...I loved making it!!