Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Little Guy!

My littlest guy, Timothy, just turned five recently, and we had fun celebrating that.  My boys really like the Fox and Friends stamp set.  So, when we decided to make bookmarks to go with books we were giving to Timothy's preschool class as party favors, that's what they wanted to stamp.   Here's how the bookmarks turned out:



The fox was stamped with Cajun Craze, the owl in Crumb Cake, the turtle with Garden Green, the monkey with Early Espresso, and the lion in Daffodil Delight.  The words are from the Fabulous Phrases set, and were stamped in Early Espresso.  I used strips of Whisper White card stock, and when we finished stamping, laminated them to make them more durable.

I also created a special little birthday card for Timothy using his favorite animal from the Fox & Friends set, Mr. Fox:




This card is only about 2.5 x 4.25 inches.  The base is Crumb Cake card stock, and there are a couple of layers of the Play Date Designer Series Paper.  The 5 is also from the Play Date DSP.  Mr. Fox is stamped with Cajun Craze, and I added some Basic Black on his nose and eyes.  The cupcake is from the Birthday Bakery set (a Level 1 Hostess set). 

Actually, I recently sponsored one of the challenges over at the Children's Challenge Corner, and the Fox and Friends set is the prize for that (my boys helped me choose it -- surprise, surprise!).  The challenge I was sponsoring wrapped up on Sunday, but I encourage you to check out the amazing entries, and if you know some creative children, you'll want to be sure to check out the future challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Love your bookmarks, and the card is adorable!!