Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Post - Halloween Treats!

Yikes!  The past couple weeks sure have been full of fun fall activities around here -- which means my poor blog has gone neglected!  Both boys had fun fieldtrips to farms with pumpkin patches, and I enjoyed being able to go with them on those.  I also created some treats for their classes that ended up being a bit more, well, let's just say involved, than I originally anticipated!  Here's how they turned out:


I created these owls as special treats for teachers, and I used My Digital Studio to make them.  I enlarged the owl punch pieces to be proportional to the treat cup, filled with designer series paper (at least for the owl's body and belly, the rest are solid colors).  I printed out the front and the back of the owl on Whisper White card stock, then cut out.  I punched the hole in the front for the treat cup, then perforated an X on the back on the same area as the treat cup to make it easy to remove the candies.  I adhered the two pieces together around the treat cup, and all set!

For class treats, I also went with the owl theme and created pencil toppers to include in the goodie bags: 




The kids seemed to enjoy them, so that was good!  In all, I made 44 of these, and it took me a while to get all the little pieces assembled and on the pencils!  :)

Hope you like these, too.  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Like the treat/owl. Way cute!
I have the owl punch and just love it.
Thanks for sharing
Marcie

Jana Weaver said...

You crazy woman you!!! Catherine was oohing and aahhing over my owl today!! :-D

Alex said...

These are great, wow, I bet they went down a treat with everyone!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x