Friday, January 28, 2011

Ice Cream Parlor For You Card

Here's another card I made using the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Paper and Accents Pack from Sale-a-Bration (this is one of the products you can choose for free for each $50 in Stampin' Up! merchandise you order during Sale-a-Bration!)


I also used the Punch Bunch Sale-a-Bration stamp set (another of the choices!) for the image in the flower center and for the true friend greeting beneath the Old Olive Satin Ribbon bow. 

Here's a close up of the flower:



The flower is one of the large Paper Daisies.  I stamped a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock with the "For You" image in Melon Mambo Classic Ink, then punched that out with the Scallop Circle Punch. 

Then, I stamped the image again on Whisper White, this time coloring the flower petals with Melon Mambo (I used my ink pad, but a marker would have been easier!), the stems with Old Olive, and the words with Night of Navy.  I punched this out with a circle punch, and sponged around the edges first with Pumpkin Pie ink, and then went around the edge of the circle again with Gold Smooch.

Similarly, for the true friend tag, after stamping the image with Night of Navy and punching it out, I went around the outside of the circle with Gold Smooch.



I finished the inside of this one, too -- rather simply, just added a piece of Whisper White card stock, a strip of the designer series paper, and one of the accents.  Then, I used the Gold Smooch to add some dots to the center of the flowers on the designer series paper:



Hope you like this card!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

How come I didn't see this one yesterday?? I LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat card, Michelle. I am so lucky to be able to view this card in person...thanks for swapping with me. My customers LOVE this card...the colors...layout... everything about it! Marlene Caravello