Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pennant Amour Valentine Card

Pennants and card with pennants on them sure are popular right now -- and they are so fun, I guess that's why!  One of my fellow Late Night Stampers, Melany Watson, posted a wonderful idea that puts a new spin on the Take a Spin stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog; rather than making a spinner with the stamped image, she cut it apart and created a pennant!  You can see Melany's card here.

Melany's card inspired me to create my own pennant card, but I wanted to create a vintage-y Valentine with the set (and this is another of the cards for my Vintage Valentine's class coming up tomorrow, January 28th).  Here's my creation:

  

The Happy Happy Valentine's pennants are from the Take a Spin set and were stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The lined designer paper is from the Love Letter Designer Series Paper Pack, and was die cut using the Top Note Die and the Big Shot.  I stamped on it with Basic Black Craft Ink and the filigree image from the Artistic Etchings stamp set. 

The Riding Hood Red card stock in the background was stamped with the Language of Love wheel from the Occasions Mini catalog. 

The ribbon for the pennants is a length of the Victoria Crochet Trim and the Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, knotted together at regular intervals.

The "Amour" heart is a piece of Pink Pirouette Textured cardstock, that I stamped with the heart image from the Level 1 Hostess Set Punch Potpourri using Riding Hood Red Classic Ink, and then the Amour image from the Artistic Etchings stamp set using Basic Black Craft Ink.  The heart was punched out using the Full Heart Extra Large Punch, which coordinates perfectly with the image from Punch Potpourri!  Here's a close up:



I added a smaller Pink Pirouette heart, punched out using the Heart to Heart Punch.  Plus, I punched hearts out of the new red Glimmer Paper, also from the Occasions Mini. 

And, I couldn't resist adding one of the Vintage Flower Adornments -- I inked this one up a bit with just a hint of Basic Black Craft Ink to give it an aged look. 

The chunky black glitter around the Top Note and heart is from the Chunky Essentials Glitter Pack.

I finished the inside of the card as well.  Here's how it turned out:





Hope you enjoyed this!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, what a creative and cool card, Michelle!!! I am lucky to have this card to show my customers (thanks for swapping with me). My customers and I are amazed that you came up with the banner idea. Really love this card. Marlene Caravello