Friday, January 21, 2011

Springtime Vintage Valentine

Today I have a card to share with you that is from a recent swap I did with my friend Marlene -- featuring fun new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog. 

This card will also be one of the cards at my upcoming Vintage-y Valentine's Class on Friday, Jan. 28th.  If you are in the Bay Area and would like to come, I still have a couple spots left, please leave a comment or send me an email!

So, without further ado, here's the card (with apologies for the photo, since the colors in it are close but not quite right . . . not sure what happened there . . . ):



The card base is Sahara Sand, and the front was embossed using the new Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I sponged Frost White Shimmer Paint around the frame, so that is why it has a bit of a glow in the picture (and even more shimmer in real life).  A piece of Rose Red cardstock is layered on top of the frame.

To create the heart I used the Hearts & Brackets Originals Die with the Big Shot, and cut out a piece of the gorgeous new Springtime Vintage Designer Fabric.  The scallops behind it are buttons from the new Button, Button stamp set, which I stamped on Pear Pizzazz cardstock using Always Artichoke Classic Ink, and then punched out and adhered. 

When I was creating this card, I actually had something else in mind for the heart . . . I had pictured buttons on top of and framing the heart, but as I was playing around with pieces I had punched out, this idea came to me instead.  I still want to make my other idea work -- when I get it figured out, I will be sure to show you!

I added a Vintage Flower Adornment on top of another stamped button. 

The ribbon is Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon.  The little tag is a piece of Very Vanilla which was stamped with "love" from the Fabulous Phrases set, and tied onto the Pear Pizzazz ribbon with a piece of linen thread. 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

4 comments:

Bonita said...

Very pretty!

Jana Weaver said...

Love it!! The "buttons" around the heart are perfect!!!

Beate said...

Beautiful! I love the buttons behind the heart.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Love that you used our newest fabric for the heart, Michelle. This is so beautiful and the border around it is so creative and neat looking. We all (my club and I) all love this card as well! Thanks again for the swap. Marlene Caravello