Saturday, February 12, 2011

Be My Vintage Valentine

Valentine's Day is almost here!  Have you finished all your Valentine's cards yet?  Even though I started making Valentine's last month, I still find myself working down to the wire trying to finish up my boys' cards for their classes!   We're having fun with it though.  I'll be sure to take photos and show you what we've made soon!

In the meantime, I wanted to show you the third of the cards we made at my Vintage Valentine's class a couple weeks ago.  Here it is:

This card is on a Pretty in Pink card stock base, which was stamped with the Teahouse background stamp, inked with Pretty in Pink Classic Ink.  The outside of the card was sponged with Chocolate Chip. 

The Be My Valentine Heart was stamped twice using Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on Whisper White card stock.  Just the greeting was cut out from one.  For the other, the heart was sponged using Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Classic Inks, and then cut out.  The greeting was attached to the top of the heart with dimensionals, and we added some Basic Pearl Jewels.  Here's a close up:

T

For the ruffles on the bottom of the card, I used strips of Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip card stock.  Each strip was punched using the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.  I then ran the Pretty in Pink and Whisper White strips through the Big Shot several times, using 2-3 different embossing folders (the Tulip Frame folder from the Occasions Mini, the Vintage Wallpaper, and the Square Lattice folders . . . sponging on either Regal Rose or Chocolate Chip before changing folders).  These strips were applied to the card using strips of Sticky Strip . . . the card stock was folded to look like ruffled ribbon (much easier to do on the two strips that had their fibers broken by repeated embossing than on the plain card stock!)

For the finishing touches, I tied some Whisper White Organza ribbon around the top of the ruffled cardstock, and stamped and punched out some flowers.  The little flowers are from the Punch Potpourri Level 1 Hostess set.  They were stamped in Chocolate Chip, sponged with a little Regal Rose, and the centers were made with Crystal effects and glitter.  Here's a close up of the flowers and ruffled cardstock:



Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly fabulous in every way! Love the ruffles so much! TFS!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful Michelle!! I love all those ruffles and pleats!!