Thursday, February 24, 2011

MDS Hybrid True Friend Card

Today I have a "hybrid" card to share with you.  It's a "hybrid" because I made it using a combination of digital and traditional paper crafting elements. 


I created the layer with the bird and ruler completely in My Digital Studio.  I printed it out on my printer, trimmed it down, and then layered it on a Sahara Sand card base, which I had embossed using the Tulip Frame folder (from the Occasions Mini Catalog).  I added a piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, attached with Sticky Strip and ruffled for a softer look.  I topped that with a piece of the Victoria Crochet Trim. 

I stamped the True Friend image from the Sale-a-Bration Punch Bunch set, punched that out, and attached it to a piece of Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware.  I then added a couple Basic Jewel Pearls on the Hardware to dress it up a little more. 

This was actually a pretty quick and easy card to create!  I really like the results.  What do you think? 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle



2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Very pretty! Love that satin ribbon under the lace!

Anonymous said...

Great hibrid, Michelle! You are so good at mixing the two arts of hands on card making and digital creations. I am so glad I have this to show everyone. Way to go! Marlene Caravello