Thursday, February 17, 2011

Never Ending Ice Cream Parlor Card

So, a while back in this post I had teased you with a sneak peek of a card made with the Sale-a-Bration Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper and Quick Accents.  I wasn't able to show you the whole card then because it was a special project I was creating for my latest swap with Marlene! 

Marlene has now received the card, so I can show you the rest of the photos of this project.  It is actually a Never-Ending card.  When I saw the instructions for this type of card in Stampin' Success (Stampin' Up!'s wonderful monthly magazine for demonstrators!  Ask me how you can get your copy -- I'd love to have you join my team!  . . . but I digress . . .), I knew I had to try it out, and I knew it would be perfect for the swap challenge to make a card that moves.

Here are the photos of the different views of the card:










Kind of amazing that all of those photos are of the same card!  And, it's such a fun card to pick up and interact with -- it's hard to stop flipping it around!

Aside from the Ice Cream Parlor set, I also used Punch Potpourri (a Level 1 Hostess set from the Idea Book) to create some accents, Fabulous Phrases for the greetings, and some Basic Jewel Rhinestones for bling.  The card stock base is Melon Mambo.

We'll be making a Never Ending Card at next month's hostess club -- if you are in the San Jose, CA area and would like to come learn how to make these, please let me know, and I'll get you more information about that class.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

ShersL84bed said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous. Not to mention, AWESOME! I've never tried one of these never ending cards before, but it looks like they take a lot of work. Great job.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I am so privileged to have this beauty in 3D. Thank you so much for this great "forever" card. It really propelled into making one in that size. You are always such an inspiration, Michelle!!! Marlene Caravello