Saturday, March 5, 2011

Celebrate 8 Birthday Card

This week's challenge over at Late Night Stampers is to create cards for children (this week is Dr. Suess's birthday, so this challenge celebrates that).  Well, one of my boys has a birthday to go to tomorrow with a soccer theme, and I figured I could make a card that would fit that theme as well as the Late Night Stampers challenge!  Here it is:


The card base is Pacific Point, with various sizes of Poppy Parade circles layered on it.  I die cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock using the Top Note die.  The soccer balls used to form the 8 are from the Goal set.  I punched the balls out using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch and the 3/4" Circle Punch.  The party hat and banner were created using a stamp from the Party Hearty set.  "Celebrate" is from Family Phrases, the greeting set that goes with All in the Family.  I cut out the piece of Whisper White the greeting is on by hand, and then used a Basic Black marker to add the stitching around it. 
I even finished the inside of the card!  I added a Whisper White Top Note inside, which I stamped with the soccer ball from the Family Accessories set, and the "happy birthday" is again from Family Phrases.



The lines next to the soccer balls were drawn in using a Pacific Point marker, and I added a couple more Poppy Parade punched circles to echo those on the card front.

Hope you like it -- and hope the recipient will think it is fun, too! 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle


5 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

Great card Michelle. I love the way you have used the soccer balls to make the 8.

Jana Weaver said...

that's brilliant!! LOVE it!! Julia would too!

Highland Monkey's said...

Wonderful card.

Ann said...

Lovely card Michelle, I love the footballs used to make up the number 8!! xx

Anonymous said...

What a neat card, Michelle. I too love our creative idea to make the soccer balls into a number! Thanks for sharing. Marlene Caravello