Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One thing leads to another . . .

In my previous post, I showed you a mini card I created using the Petal Pizzazz set and a Sweet Stitches brad.  Making that flower was so much fun, I decided to make some more.  Here are a few of the next batch I created:
 

For these, I again stamped the largest flower and punched with the Scallop Circle punch, cutting in between each scallop to create more realistic petals.  The edges were sponged with either Melon Mambo or Tangerine Tango.  Then, I added another flower in between the big flower and the brad.  The middle flower is also a stamp from the Petal Pizzazz stamp set, which I stamped in either Tangerine Tango or Melon Mambo, cut out with my Paper Snips, and then sponged the edges.

After creating these, it occurred to me it would be fun to layer these on a flower die cut using the new Fun Flowers Bigz L Die.  I printed some patterns from my Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper download for My Digital Studio to use as background papers, and created these cards with my flowers:



And, here are a few close ups of individual cards:


The card base is crumb cake, and was cut to be 4.25 x 11.  I scored to create a matchbook-style card, and used my scallop edge punch on the ends of the paper.  I layered on a strip of stitches (also printed out from the Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper digital download), some Wild Wasabi pieces, and some Melon Mambo pom pom trim.  The pom pom trim adds such great dimension and texture!  It's easy to add, too -- no stitching required.  I just squeezed on a thin strip of Tombo Multi Adhesive and that worked! 

The flower leaves were created by stamping the leaf image from Petal Pizzazz in Wild Wasabi and cutting out with my Paper Snips.  (I realized later I could use the Blossom Petals Punch and Build a Blossom stamp set, too -- that would have been a bit faster!)

My recent blog candy winners will recognize these cards!  Inside, I put some tea and chocolate, and a little note card that I created in My Digital Studio:




Hope you like these!  I have one more variation on these to show you . . . hopefully tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

I love how these turned out, and am so happy I got to have one for myself!! Thanks my dear!!

Anonymous said...

Me too!!! I love having a 3D version of your artwork, Michelle! The idea for the little tea & chocolate holder is wonderful! The MDS insert is so innovative! The flower is gorgeous! Thanks so much! Marlene Caravello