Friday, April 1, 2011

No foolin' around . . . spring kusudama projects!

Recently, my husband decided it would be fun to play a prank on me -- and had my boys in on it, too.  They pretended that he had left our two boys home alone while I was off at my Zumba class.   They did a good job with it, and actually really had me worried . . . until my husband snuck up behind me, said "boo" while tapping my shoulder, and scared me so much that I screamed really loudly!  I'm hoping that since he succeeded so well with that one, he and the boys won't try anything for April Fool's Day!!!  And, since I didn't enjoy that, I won't be trying to fool anyone here or elsewhere either!  May any pranks pulled on you only make you laugh!

As promised yesterday, I have another kusudama project to share with you today.  When my friend and team member Agnes and I met to plan her first workshop, she mentioned that she really liked the kusudama projects, and I figured out a way to incorporate those -- as hostess gift and door prize.  Here are the two projects I created:




I created both of these using the beautiful Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Mini.  The pearls are from the now-Retired Pretties Kit.  The ribbon loop for the top ball is 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Certainly Celery.  For the bottom ball, the ribbon loop is Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon.  It occurs to me that everyone is going to want to know the size of my flowers!  It's been a couple weeks since I made these and I forgot to write notes about them, so I am going to have to guess . . . I believe the top one, which is actually the smaller of the two, is made using 3" squares, and the bottom one is made using 4" squares for each petal.  If I remember correctly, it took 12 flowers to make each ball. 

Here is one more close up of the larger ball:



These turned out so pretty . . . I'll be making more soon.  When I do, I will be sure to make a photo tutorial as I do it, so you can easily recreate them.  It occurs to me that they would make great blog candy, too.  What do you think?  Would you like one? 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I agree they would make great blog candy!!!! Your work is beautiful and I can't wait for the tutorial!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry said...

Hi Michelle!These are lovely and would be a great blog candy item! Looking forward to your tutorial!TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Michelle!!! Those Kusudama flowers are so amazing and, of course, you make them look so easy to do! Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork! Marlene Caravello