Thursday, May 26, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Projects -- Fun Flower Pin

Greetings!  I've still been digital scrapbooking away . . . I've finished more than 50 pages now and only have a couple more to complete.  I'm determined to get this book finished in time to take advantage of the 30% discount Stampin' Up! has on print products this month!  I'll share more pages soon.

In the meantime, though, I wanted to share a special project that I made for Daniel's teacher for bring-a- flower-to-your-teacher day during the school's Staff Appreciation week.  We wanted to give Daniel's teacher something that would last longer than a flower from our garden, so I decided to make her a fabric flower pin using the Big Shot!  I'd seen samples and directions for these from Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Meeting in January -- I just changed some of the products used in the project to personalize it for D's teacher. 

So, without further ado, here's the flower pin I created:



This uses fabric and lace from the Holiday Mini (I believe the fabric is still available).  I cut the fabric using the Fun Flowers Die, which appeared in the Occasions Mini, but is still available.  I also used Paper Daisies, sponged with Black and spritzed with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, and Newsprint Designer Series Paper punched with the scallop circle punch.  The brad in the center is from the Antique Brads, but I changed its color to black using Basic Black Craft Ink and Black Embossing Powder. 

Stay tuned for another of my teacher appreciation week projects tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric medallion idea!!! Thanks for sharing, Michelle! Marlene Caravello