Friday, May 27, 2011

Teacher Appreciation -- School Builder Wheel Card

Hi again!  Today, I have another project to share with you that I created for Teacher Appreciation week at my oldest son's school a couple weeks back.  This one is a card design, which was inspired by a card in the Summer Mini and uses the newest builder wheels (Elementary Alphabet, For Teacher, and School Colors), which are perfect for school appreciation projects!

Here's the card I created:



For this card I used a Tempting Turquoise base, a real red piece which I scalloped using the Scallop Edge Punch, and a Whisper White piece which I wheeled.  I used all three Builder Wheels together, and used a Triple Cell Cartridge, filled with Real Red, Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise to ink the different wheels.  It is so fun to be able to roll each wheel with a different color -- so easy, too! 

To finish off the card, I tied a piece of Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon around the front, and used a piece of the new Cherry Cobbler and White Baker's Twine to attach the mini tag.  The tag was stamped with the Tiny Tags set and punched out using the Jewelry Tag Punch.

I think this made a fun thank you card to go with the gifts D's class gave their teacher and other staff at the school.  Hope they liked it, and hope you do, too.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your note card with the builder wheel. I am tickled that I have a 3D sample to look at! Marlene Caravello