Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Flirtatious Butterfly Card

Hi!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a terrific weekend.  I've had the privilege of stamping quite a bit recently . . . both Thursday and Friday friends came to stamp with me in the afternoons.  Saturday, I had the treat of stamping with a good friend in her wonderful stamping space.  And, yesterday, I had the great joy of finally speaking on the phone to my long-time stamping friend Marlene (we've only communicated via mail and email before then!)  We're planning a treat for you all later this week . . . stay tuned!  Guess you can tell, I had an awesome weekend!  And, with the boys off at day camp today, I'm getting things organized for some consistent blog posts this week.  So, let's get that started with today's card:

 

I made this card for a challenge with my friend and SUper Friends team member Charlene.  For our challenge, we each agreed to make a card using Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #27, so that's the source for this fun layout.

When I saw the layout, I thought the Flirtatious Designer Series Paper would be great to use with it -- it's a fun way to show off the different doily patterns!  I layered the designer paper on Whisper White card stock, and used a Wisteria Wonder base. 

I added the Melon Mambo butterly in the center along with the greeting.  The butterfly is created with two die cuts from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.  I stamped them with Versamark and images from the Delicate Doilies stamp set.  Then, I added Pearl Jewels in the center.  Here's the close up:




I finished it off with a sentiment from Fabulous Phrases, stamped with Wisteria Wonder Class Ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock cut into a flag shape.

Hope you like it!  Let me know what you think -- I love to read your comments.  And, if you'd like to join us in doing this sketch challenge, let me know that, too!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is "simply" wonderful, Michelle! I love this quick idea for a wonderful card! TFS! Marlene Caravello