Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beautiful Day Card

Here's a project I made with some fun products from the Summer Mini:



The card base is Daffodil Delight, and I used designer paper from the Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' Kit.  The kitty image and sentiment are from the Touch of Kindness stamp set.  I watercolored the kitty and butterfly using ink from my Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Rose Red ink pads.  The Peach Parfait Scallop was cut using the Scallop Circles Die and the Big Shot. 

I placed a Melon Mambo flower, which I die cut using the Fun Flowers Die and the Big Shot next to that.  I layered a Regal Rose flower, which I had punched out using the new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, on top of that, and put a circle of Peach Parfait on top of that.

The two Rose Red flowers were also punched out using the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.  Then, a circle of Daffodil Delight was placed in the center of each flower.

The sentiment was punched out with a circle, and Peach Parfait sponged around the edge.  Then, it was layered onto a piece of Pretty in Pink.  I had stamped the "sun" image from the Touch of Kindess set in versamark on that, embossed using Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, and then punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch.

A very bright and happy card!  Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your card is too cute!!! Thanks for your number, Michelle! I just got back from convention...it was unbelievable!!! I can't wait to get started on another swap. How about the beginning of August sometime? I will be working on getting my email fixed this week. Did you ever get my swap? I also sent you a card front from Salt Lake...mailed it Friday. Marlene Caravello