Monday, July 18, 2011

I Tried It . . . and I Like It!

When I saw the July Sketch for you to Try (sfytt from i{heart}stamps), I just had to do it!  I had some of the gorgeous new Flirtatious Designer Series Paper on my desk, and I knew that would be so much fun to use with this sketch.  My Beautiful Wings Embosslit had been neglected far too long, but seemed perfect for this, too.  So, here's the card I created:

   

The card base is Pretty in Pink, and I used a layer of Whisper White underneath the two designer paper pieces.  The butterflies were cut out from Whisper White, using the Big Shot and Beautiful Wings Embosslit.  I stamped on the butterflies with Versamark and the new Delicate Doilies set, then used my Pretty in Pink Stampin' Pastels for a pop of color (also known as the Poppin' Pastels technique).  For this version, I used Pearl Jewels on the butterfly bodies, but I also tried the same card with Rhinestone Jewels.  Here's that version:



Which do you like better?  I think the pearls have a softer look, but love the sparkle of the rhinestone bling!

Here are some close ups of the butterflies so you can  see the Poppin' Pastels better:





I also spritzed the butterflies with Smooch Spritz to give them some extra shimmer! 

For the ribbon, I tied together a piece of Whisper White Organza, layered over a piece of the Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon:



To create the tag, I punched a piece of Whisper White using the Word Window Punch and layered it onto a piece of Melon Mambo that I had punched using the Modern Label Punch, then trimmed off the end to create the flag look.  The sentiment is from the Fabulous Phrases set, and is stamped with Melon Mambo Classic Ink.

Hope you like this, too!  Thanks for stopping by.

- Michelle




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Michelle...that card you made with the Flirtatious DSP is fantastic!!! It is so beautiful and striking!!! Totally love it!!! I hope you don't mind that I use that idea for my club. Marlene Caravello