Friday, July 8, 2011

Pennant Parade Open House Project #2

Here's the second project we'll be making at my new Idea Book Open House tomorrow (if you are in the San Jose, CA area and want to drop by, please be sure to leave me a comment or send me an email using the link in the sidebar, and I'll be glad to get information to you so you can join the fun!):


This mini banner came together quickly, using the new Pennant Parade stamp set and coordinating punch.  I used three of the new In Colors -- Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, and Calypso Coral.  Here's a close up of one of the pennants:



The images were stamped on each banner in Versamark.  Letters are from the Just Perfect Alphabet, and were stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White, then punched out with the 3/4" Circle Punch.  For a little extra pizzazz, I stamped one of the flower images from the Pennant Parade stamp set next to each letter in the color matching the pennant, and added some Dazzling Diamonds in the center.  The little white flowers are leftover pieces from punching with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  I added Dazzling Diamonds in the center of those, too.

The pennants are held together with Early Espresso & Whisper White Baker's Twine.  I used an embroidery needle, and stitched through the paper.  To finish, I glued a bow on each end.  Very simple!  

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute! Hope your event is huge success!

Anonymous said...

I am so tickled with this darling banner you created, Michelle!!! I love it and am thinking of wearing it as a necklace at convention!!! Thank you so much! You are so sweet! Marlene Caravello