Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strength and Hope Tri-Shutter Card

Here's a special card I created a little while back for a challenge in a swap with my friend Marlene Caravello to create a fancy fold card.   I'd seen some beautiful tri-shutter cards but never tried one before this one.  I was surprised how easy these are to create!

To create this card, I followed this excellent tutorial from Splitcoaststampers.  For my card, I used the special Strength & Hope set from the Summer Mini.  This set is especially wonderful because Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from each set purchased to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

Here's the full view of the card:


And, here's a close up of the front panel:


This is the center panel:

 This is the final panel:


The butterflies were stamped in Versamark and then embossed using a mix of roughly equal parts Irridescent Ice, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango Embossing Powders.  Hard to see from the photos, but these butterflies really sparkle!

The card base is Pink Pirouette, and I layered Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper on top of it.  I sponged the Presto Patterns with Pink Pirouette Classic Ink.  (Presto Patterns is unfortunately no longer available, but there are other beautiful papers in the new Idea Book that you could use to create a similar look . . . for instance, the new Flirtatious Designer Series Paper).

The flowers are Paper Daisies from Stampin' Up!  I added a Pearl Jewel in the center of each, and there are Pearl Jewels in the card corners and around the greeting as well.  The leaves are die cut using the Little Leaves Sizzlet for the Big Shot. 

The "Hope" sentiment was stamped in Old Olive on Whisper White.  I stamped the flourish from the Strength & Hope set using Versamark on either side of "Hope."  The piece was punched out using the Decorative Label Punch.  Then, I sponged Certainly Celery ink all over, and Old Olive around the edges. 

I created smaller sentiments "kindness," "love," and "caring" in a similar way, and tucked one of those in each set of flowers.

I hope this inspires you to create a Tri-Shutter card of your own!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Card! and so inspiring!