Monday, August 29, 2011

The Case of the Beautiful Butterfly Card

Thanks to the wonderful ladies who came to my CASE the Catalog classes this weekend!  It was great fun to stamp with you!!! 

Today's card was by far and away the most complicated and time consuming of the cards we made.  It took just over an hour to get all the pieces prepared and put together!  However, I think the end result is worth it!

This card is adapted from the card on the bottom of page 197 of the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog:



I kept the same basic color scheme from the catalog, just used a different stamp set and changed the embellishments a little. 

The catalog card uses the Creative Elements stamp set.   For my card, I decided against fussy-cutting butterflies, and thought it would be a great opportunity to use the Beautiful Wings Embosslit instead!  So, I first stamped pieces of Very Vanilla, using an image from the Delicate Doilies stamp set, then ran them through the Big Shot in the Beautiful Wings Embosslit.  The greeting on mine is from the Tiny Tags set, and was punched out with the Jewelry Tag Punch.

The catalog card also uses Vintage Trinkets, but I opted for Clear Rhinestone Jewels in the butterfly centers instead. 

One of my favorite parts of the card is all the Bitty Buttons -- they just add such a neat touch!

Hope you like this card.  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

ConnieM50 said...

I loved making this card! The buttons are cute and a nice addition. Somethng more for me to buy - hehe. And I never thought of stamping and sponging the butterflies! A very nice look. Of course the more I look at it - I don't think I can give this card to anyone but am going to keep it for myself (LOL)!
a few seconds ago

Anonymous said...

Love this butterfly card, Michelle! I am jealous that I wasn't there for the fun! Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves. TFS! Marlene Caravello