Thursday, August 25, 2011

Celebrate Today with Build a Blossoms!

Another of the cards that caught my eye in the current Idea Book was one on page 112.  So, of course, I had to create my own version of it (or CASE it).  Here's my version of the card: 



I kept the Not Quite Navy base and More Mustard piece the same as in the Idea Book.  And the flower is the same.  The petals are stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  For the larger petals, I off-stamped once before stamping on the Very Vanilla and punching the petals out with the Blossom Builder Punch.  The smaller petals were stamped full-strength, then fussy-cut.  The flower center was stamped in Old Olive and punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch. 

The designer paper in the background is from the Well Worn Designer Series Paper pack -- one of my new favorites.  I love how versatile it is -- you can make masculine or feminine cards so easily with it!

For the greeting banner, I substituted a stamp from the Perfectly Penned set, stamped in Old Olive.  The sample in the Idea Book uses Curly Cute instead.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love...love...love that well worn dsp! Great card...love the colors. Marlene Caravello