Monday, August 15, 2011

More Amazing Cards by Marlene!

Happy Monday!  Today I have a couple more cards to show you created by my amazing and talented friend Marlene Caravello.  Here's the first one: 


Marlene used the coordinating Pennant Parade stamp set and Petite Penant Builder Punch to create the tree on this one.  I love the background for the tree, too -- I hope Marlene will comment and correct me if I'm wong, but I think this is done using the Faux Fossil technique (you drop two colors of reinkers in between two window sheets, with space in between the colors so they do not become muddy, and then open and close the sheets, pouncing them together.  You then transfer the ink from a window sheet onto glossy card stock).  I think Marlene used Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke on this card.

Here's a beautiful ATC that Marlene created using the same technique:



It looks like Marlene used Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder on this one.  I love the little bit of Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon on the corner -- it's attached with one of the great new mini silver brads.  The stamp on the left side is from the My Friend set. 

It's a little hard to see in the photo above, but there is also a butterfly die cut from a Window Sheet using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.  Marlene also embossed the butterfly with the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, and stamped "hello" from the Pennant Parade stamp set on one wing.   Here's a photo from a different angle so you can see the butterfly better:





Very beautiful!  Thanks, Marlene, for letting me show off your work!

Thank you for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for making my work look even better!!! You flatter me so! And, of course, I love it! Thank you, Michelle. Marlene Caravello

Anonymous said...

P.S.: I forgot to tell you that the Penant parade Christmas card was done with a similar technique, but called "faux marble". You use glossy cardstock and add reinkers via a rubbing alcohol soaked cotton ball...one for each color. You just pounce the cotton ball on the paper here and there. It dries quickly. My bad for not getting you that info. as I thought I had. Thank you for showing my work. You are so good to me!!!