Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Well Worn Blossom Jewelry Box and Note Card

For my hostess club last month, I wanted to show off some great new products from the new Idea Book, and thought the new Blossom Box Die would be a fun project to try because last month's hostess also had a jewelry party at her house on the same day.  So, we'd have a fun gift box to use with the new jewelry.  Here's what we ended up making:

 Here's a close up of the note card:


The note card base is Naturals Ivory Card Stock.  We simply added a strip of Well Worn Designer Series Paper (part of this August's awesome designer series paper special!) to coordinate with the Blossom Box.  We stamped a sentiment from the Perfectly Penned stamp set in Soft Suede Classic Ink, and finished the notecard with a bit of the new 3/8" Blue Denim Jean Ribbon.  Don't you love how well the denim ribbon coordinates with the Well Worn paper?

Here are some close ups of my sample Blossom Box:




The Blossom Box was a bit tricky to assemble, but I love the end product.  I'm thinking about creating a video tutorial for it, but will probably have to wait on that until next week when the kiddos are back to school! 

Anyway, once we managed to assemble our boxes, we used more of the denim ribbon around the box, and attached a flower to that.  We created the flower using two River Rock die cut flowers from the Fun Flowers Bigz L die.  We sponged those flowers with Cajun Craze Classic Ink.  We layered a smaller Cajun Craze flower, also cut with the Fun Flowers Bigz L die cut, on top of the River Rock flowers.  Then, the flowers are held together and to the ribbon using a 5/8" Jumbo Brad.  For mine, I used a Very Vanilla brad, and sponged on just a bit of Cajun Craze Classic Ink.  I was happily surprised that it actually stayed on the brad, and didn't wipe off!

We created one other bonus card, and for that, I copied the layout of a card I saw by Amy O'Neill on Stampin' Connection (a wonderful site that Stampin' Up! provides for demonstrators to share with one another).  Wish I could show you her original, as I love the color combination she used on it (Pool Party base with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Whisper White)!  I haven't been able to find if she has a blog or figure out another way for you to see her card, but if I can, I will try to link it up here so you can see for yourself.  Anyway, here is the card I made: 



My card has a Whisper White Card Stock base.  On the bottom I added a strip of Pool Party, which I had embossed with the new Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Under that is a layer of Wisteria Wonder, which had been punched out with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch.  On top of that I layered a strip and a knot of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon. 

The pennants were stamped with the Pennant Parade stamp set, in Versamark for the patterns, and in Wisteria Wonder for the greeting.  We punched out the pennants using the Petite Pennants Builder Punch.

Last but not least, we added some Rhinestone Jewels for some bling!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice asssortment, Michelle. Love the that blossom box with the well worn dsp. TFS! Marlene Caravello