Friday, October 7, 2011

Deck the Halls with Fabric Stockings!

Here's another of the projects I made for my recent swap with my wonderful friend Marlene Caravello.  One of our challenges was to make a 3-D project, and I decided to make a Christmas stocking.  When I saw the new Holiday Stocking Bigz L Die from the Holiday Mini, I saw so many possibilities -- not just in paper, but also in fabric!  So, I decided it would be fun to stitch up a stocking with some of Stampin' Up!'s beautiful holiday designer fabrics.  Here's the finished project: 

 

Here's just the stocking, unstuffed:



I used the Deck the Halls Designer Fabric to make the stocking.  I die cut 4 stockings total -- 2 from the fabric you can see on the outside, and 2 from the fabric used to accent the heel, toe and cuff.  I first added the heel and toe accents to the pieces for the outside of the stocking.  Then, I stitched each pair of matching stockings together right sides together.  I turned the fabric for the outside right side out, and then stuffed the other stocking inside that without turning.  Finally, came the most challenging part to figure out -- I stitched both stockings together, along with the cuff at the top and the ribbon for the hanger.  For the ribbon, I used the new Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon from the Holiday Mini.

Here's a closer look at the goodies for inside:



For these, I stuffed some yummy chocolates into the new 1 x 8" Cellophane Treat Bags from the Holiday Mini.  I tied them together with some Very Vanilla 3/8" Velvet Stitched Ribbon and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon.  The tag is an image from the Stitched Stockings stamp set, stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla, and punched out with the coordinating Stocking Builder Punch.

This project was fun to make, and I really like how it turned out!  Definitely going to have to make some more of these soon -- perhaps even for blog candy?

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so lucky to be a reciprient of that really cute fabric stocking your made out of the stocking die, Michelle!!! Cute, cute, cute! Love the paper stocking tag you made too! Marlene Caravello