Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Woods

Yesterday, I showed you the fun cupcake project that my friends and I made at our hostess club this month.  Well, that wasn't all we made . . . we also made a Halloween card using Stampin' Up!'s Wood Sheets.  This card was inspired by an article and project in Stampin' Success, a monthly magazine Stampin' Up! publishes for demonstrators, which is full of wonderful ideas, information, and inspiration.  Here's my card:

The card base is Basic Black, and I layered two scalloped pieces that were die cut using the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim Die onto the base.  The outlining and dots along the scallops were added using Dazzling Details.  Then, I added a square of Basic Black that I had embossed using the Spider Web embossing folder.  I also spritzed that square with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, for some extra sparkle. 

To create the "Happy Halloween" tag, I started by punching a 2-1/2" Circle out of a Wood Sheet.  (I was happily surprised to learn from Stampin' Success that the Wood Sheets can be used with punches as well as certain Big Shot dies.  That opens up so many possibilities!)  The image of the owl in the tree (from the House of Haunts stamp set) was stamped lightly on the wood using Black StazOn ink.  I then lightly watercolored around the image using my Aquapainter and Old Olive ink, and leaving a moon-like circle to the left of the owl.  The "happy halloween" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set was stamped afterwards, again using Black StazOn.





I added two 2-3/8" Scallop Circles, punched from Cajun Craze card stock, behind the wood tag.  I also punched a hole in the tag, using my Crop-o-Dile, and tied a piece of Black Satin Ribbon through it.

The gals from club again came up with some great variations in how they colored the tag and which images they used (turns out the haunted house from the House of Haunts stamp set also works well!) . . . should have taken photos of that!  Will try to remember to do that next time!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your halloween idea on the wood sheet SU carries. No one at the club could guess what you used. I was pleased to tell them and they were surprised! TFS! Marlene Caravello