Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hope you are having a fun day!  My boys are actually home from school today (it's a staff learning day in our school district), and we've been taking it easy so far.  That's been especially nice because we had a jam-packed weekend with soccer, birthday celebrations, church activities, and more!!! 

Anyway, I have a post full of random, but really fun Halloween projects to show you! 

This first two are cards that I created for my Halloween kids class:




This one is a "peek-a-boo" card, with a special frame made using the new Peek-a-Boo Frame Bigz Die.  When you open the panel with the owl on the front, here's what's revealed inside:


For the background behind the haunted house and inside the peek-a-boo frame, I used a technique I learned from my friend Marlene Caravello.  Here's the amazing artwork she sent that was the inspiration for my cards (with apologies because my photography doesn't do justice to this -- it has wonderful shimmer paint details!): 

The other project that we made at my Halloween kids' classes was a treat-holder bat.   I found these on Heather Summer's blog, and thought they were so wonderful, I just had to make my own!  Here is mine:



Timothy (my almost 6 year old!) had fun making these, too . . . in fact he made two pretty much identical bats!  Here's one of them:

And, here are some fun little tags that I made as a thank you for my hostess club members to go with their orders this month:



I also whipped up some more cupcake thrones for Halloween treats to give the boys' teachers, and this time used my friend Yuka's sponging technique on the pennants so you could see it:


I filled the thrones with some Truffle Brownies I baked.  I simply cut the brownies, put them in a cupcake wrapper, then in a medium cello bag, and tied with either a Black Satin Ribbon or with the new Basic Black Polka Dot ribbon:




And, last but not least, I just have to share an adorable little bat treat holder that I also received in my last swap with my friend Marlene Caravello (isn't she awesome!?!!!):




Hope you like these!  Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh you amaze me, Michelle! Love your Halloween ideas. I am going to have to try the cupcake/card idea sometime...too, too cute! Thank you for the credit and love what you did with the watercolor tech. Woohoo!!! Marlene Caravello